IF YOU HAVE BEEN SEXUALLY ASSUALTED OR HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS CALL A SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER.
IT IS PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL!
You will need to leave a message and the nurse on-call will call you within about 5 mins. The phone number may be restricted so don't be afraid to answer.
The nurses are friendly and very knowledgable and will be happy to help you in any way possible.
What To Do If You Think You Have Been Drugged and/or Sexually Assaulted
If you or a friend feels dizzy, confused, or have other sudden, unexplained symptoms after drinking beverage, call a family member, friend, the police, a doctor, or 911 to get help.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Get to a safe place and call the Safe Shelter (701-251-2300) or Law enforcement (911 or 252-1000) for information or support.
- You should not eat, go to the bathroom, shower, bathe, douche, change clothes, or straighten up the area until medical and legal evidence is collected because these actions will destroy evidence.
- If you want to report the incident, call the police.
- Have a SANE exam to have evidence collected as soon as possible by calling 701-252-1048.
- Request a urine test to detect the presence of sedating substances as quickly as possible. Every hour matters. Chances of getting proof are best when the sample is obtained soon after the substance has been ingested, but the test can be reliable even on a sample obtained 72 hours later.
How is SART activated?
When a sexual assault victim presents to Law Enforcement, the Central Valley Health District, Safe Shelter, or the Jamestown Hospital Emergency Room the appropriate phone calls will be made to activate each member of the team.